- This event has passed.
April General Meeting
April 22 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am
CUPE Local 3523 is planning to implement membership and office management software. A notice of motion was give at the March general meeting regarding the purchase of office management software. The motion will be put forward and discussed at the April General meeting. The preferred software needs to have some of but is not limited to the following criteria.
- Cost effective. Provide real value to the membership in carrying out and performing the day to day activities of union business in CUPE 3523.
- Intuitive to use and tailored for the union business environment at CUPE 3523. In particular, the ability to manage grievances, member work history and the bargaining of collective agreements.
- Hosted in cloud services on Canadian soil like Microsoft Assure and Amazon Web Services to name just two, but not limited to them.
- Low cost storage of documents with room to grow as we process the backlog of historical records.
- Effective communication with members via a member portal, email, messaging and an android/ios App.
- Provision of technical and training services on an ongoing basis for the life of the relationship between CUPE 3523 and the successful software provider.
The following three candidates have been identified by the executive. Representatives from each of the software vendors have made presentations to the executive including demonstrations of the software capabilities and detailed cost proposals.