Please find below the link to the April 15th Clerical ZOOM Meeting.
Clerical Assessment Mediation/Arbitration-April 2022
This is a very positive mediation agreement for all CUPE Local 3523 members.
Thanks to all the 27+ members who contacted the Union via emails, phone calls, and in person conversations. You provided valued input to the Union and the Union’s lawyer on the clerical assessment relating your issues, concerns and stresses about the clerical assessment.
This mediation agreement is a positive settlement for all our members who are currently in clerical positions and those applying for clerical positions, including external applicants.
We’re very pleased with the mediated agreement between the School District and the Union.
Here are some highlights:
- The District will cease using the existing test.
- The District removed 22 questions that were discussed between the Union and the Employer. The new Interim Test will have approximately 60 questions.
- The District will develop, in consultation with the Union, a new clerical assessment.
- If members are not successful in passing the Interim Test, they can re-write the test in 3 months rather than having to wait 1 year. If the District does not implement the new test by September 1, 2022, members can re-write after 1 month.
- The District will not require a Union member to write the Interim Test or the New Test when they apply for a position in Appendix A if they are or have been an incumbent in one of the positions listed in Appendix A and successfully passed the trial period; or had previously written and passed the Existing Test, Interim Test or New Test.